Tuesday, January 7, 2014

January...

I've gave up long ago trying to make and keep New Year's Resolutions.  I'm just no good at it.

As I'm writing today, my hope is that I can get back to blogging more regularly, but I'm not gonna make any promises at this moment on what that means.

There is NO WAY to go backwards to catch the world up on all the Wade World goings on!  I'll just have to move forward and hope it's not too confusing.

However, this blog post is a bit reflective....January seems to be a very significant month here in Wade World over the years.

Today, I'm home with all the kiddos back in school but feeling yucky instead of majorly productive.  Somehow, feeling like I just want to curl up in bed and die does not lend itself to positive emotions.  Don't know that I'd go quite as far as to say my winter blah day is full blown depression, but it has lead to some ponderings...now bloggings.

January 2005 - The year we started researching adoption options for our family.  By October, we had chosen our agency, America World, and decided that our future daughter would be found in China.  Then we began our incredibly slow, stop-and-restart, paper chase for Keziah.

January 2008 - Totally committed to this being the year we finished our paperwork and found our daughter, we rung in the New Year with gusto!  And had no idea the roller coaster ride ahead...

January 2009 - We left behind our four kiddos to travel to China to bring home our second princess, Keziah!

January 2010 - God had plans for us we didn't know about yet!  It wasn't until February that He let us in on His plan for our unplanned adoption of Peiwu!!!

January 2011 - Leave five kiddos home to travel to China, again, to bring home princess number three!

January 2012 - Christopher had prostate cancer surgery.  Guess God had been getting us ready all along to trust Him through that challenge by teaching us to trust Him through two adoptions.

January 2013? - Well, each year I think life might slow down a bit, or get easier, or maybe be a little less challenging...maybe, I should give up that too?  2013 came in like a whirlwind, and I haven't recovered yet.  Lots of kid issues!  More than I could ever list today.  Unexpected things that honestly shook me to my core!  Struggles and challenges that have seemed never ending.

January 2014 - How do you kick off this New Year?  Our oldest son, Caleb, just got married on January 3rd!  Our oldest daughter, Miranda, will be graduating from high school in May and then heading off to college!

Life just keeps moving forward.  Lots of changes!  (Have I ever mentioned that I don't like change?)

Honestly, nine years ago, or as a newlywed, or college graduate, or high school student, or even as a little girl dreaming of my future...THIS IS NOT IT!  But God has blessed me beyond measure!  Grown me, molded me, and shaped me as He continues to do each day into what He desires for His plans for my life.

So I won't resolve or promise to write more this year, but it's time to get back to recording His story of Wade World better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers